Will these decals damage my walls?
No, these decals will not damage your walls. When you decide to move or re-decorate, simply peel the decals off. Please note: It is not recommended to put these decals on a wall that receives direct sunlight. If the paint fades around it, you will see a difference once the decal is removed. Please also make sure you do not apply our decals to a wall where a semi-gloss paint has been applied over another semi-gloss paint without using a primer. That paint will easily chip and may be damaged by using our decals.
Are these decals reusable?
While people have been able to remove our decals and apply them to another wall, we make no guarantee. These decals are intended for a one time use.
How do I apply my decal?
1. Make sure you have water, a towel and something with a hard edge (like a credit card or ruler, or a squeegee). You only need the water and towel if you applying this to glass or a similar surface. If you are applying this to a wall, you will not need water.
2. Once you have cleaned the surface, measure to make sure you know where the center is. An easy way to do this is to measure the decal and mark the center on the transfer tape (the clear tape that is over your decal). Since you will pull this off last, it will not affect your end result.
3. If the surface you are applying to is glass or some other similar hard, smooth surface you will want to spray a very light mist of water on it first. Leave the water on the surface while applying you decal. If you are applying your decal to a wall (like a textured wall in your home, office, etc.) water will make it very difficult to get the decal to stick.
4. Once you are ready, use a hard edge to press the transfer tape (the clear tape over the front of your sticker) to the sticker. Next, flip your decal over and peel off the backing which is the thick paper that your decal is stuck to. This will leave you with your clear transfer tape and the sticky part of your decal exposed.
5. Center your decal and press down on the corners of the transfer tape. Do not press down on the decal until you are sure it is where you want it.
6. When you are sure the decal is where you want it, take the hard edge tool and press down in the center of your decal. The best way to make sure you have no bubbles is to start from the center and slide the hard edge tool out in four different directions making a plus sign (middle to left, middle to right, middle to top, middle to bottom). This will give you four quadrants left that are unstuck (unless your decal is small you just need to slide from middle to left and middle to right).
7. Once you have the plus sign pressed down, start from the part of the decal that is already stuck towards the outside of your decal until the entire decal is stuck down. For textured walls, go over each letter with your finger pressing the decal into the different grooves to make sure it is completely stuck down.
8. Once the entire decal is stuck down, peel off the transfer tape. This will leave you with your decal only. If you used water to apply your decal, you may want to let it dry a little before peeling off the transfer tape. Using a hair dryer also helps along with just letting it sit for about 20 minutes before peeling it off so the adhesive can settle in and stick better.
Copyright 2009-2013 Vinyl Wall Decals